And now the SPRAYSKIRT...

snapdragon deck size for Tempest 165
http://www.snapdragondesign.com/fitList.asp

following the string of messages, I wasn’t sure whether you had figured out how to determine your deck size in snapdragon, here it is and looks like you need a medium!

measure yourself for your tunnel-size and don’t go bigger than you need. I purchased a comfy large, but found when I finally rolled that it sagged all around me, letting water pour in,and that I actually needed a small size tunnel.

portland river outfitters
Celia,

I just Googled Portland River Outfitters and came up dry. is it possibly known by another name?

Chris

NRS says medium deck but
For the Tempest 165. But I’d suggest that you call Snapdragon direct and check it out - I was in a Tempest 165 today and it ended up taking my WW skirt, with a Large deck, to get something that’d fit on that cockpit. Also a guy to help me pull it on, but that may just be my wimpy wrists.

I looked at Snapdragon’s own list and they have a cockpit size of 18 inches wide by 33-35 inches long takin a large, next length down takes a medium deck.

Snapdragon can give you whatever size deck - the trick is to find out what you need by talking to them then pick a dealer that seems to have a very active relationship with them to order it thru.

Maybe Portland River Kayak
I can’t get the dealer list on Snapdragon’s own site to display in Firefox and IR tends to crash this PC, so you should start there. But I did find this outfit and it has a familiar ring.

FYI: I found a dealer who responded

We can get you the skirt you need. They are available in yellow, red, blue, or black. You will need a medium tube 30-40” and also a medium cockpit size for the Tempest 165. You can submit your order via telephone at the number below because this is a special order. There is no additional charge for special ordering a skirt. It will run you $140.00 plus shipping. $5.95-9.95 depending on where you are.

Sincerely, Kayla Maddox

CKS Customer Service

888.265.2925 ext. 1025

kayla@coloradokayak.com

Paddlesports Retailer of the Year

-------------------------------------------------

Subject: Snap Dragon Glacier Expedition SPRAYSKIRT ?

I am looking for a Snap dragon Glacier Expedition sprayskirt for a WS Tempest 165

http://www.snapdragondesign.com/images/products/expGlacierNeoNylYel.jpg

Waist 38"

Chest 43"

Can you help?

Regards,

Here’s the one I use.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2055&deptid=1762

And it don’t cost no $140.

Once again THANK YOU :slight_smile:
Yes, I know about the TREK. But this one is the EXPEDITION. It’s built stronger, and it is the one my instructor friend uses. As I understand it, it is like the Glacier Trek, but Reinforced for added durability, as the description states it. And Yes it is more expensive than the Glacier Trek. Hey, so you have a choice :slight_smile:

By the way I already ordered mine from them.

Description

Glacier EXP Reinforced

The new Expedition Glacier provides a nylon tunnel with the comfort of the new Dragon Collar. When combined with the durability of the Expedition deck, the Glacier will withstand the most demanding conditions