Answering Email

So this is weird. I’ve received two emails from Jack! (Are you out there?) who’d like to come check out a boat I have inn the Classifieds. I log in…I reply to the emails…they go Nowhere… Any thoughts?

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient’s email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at Gmail Help - gsmtp

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns; rfbriere@gmail.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 08:42:11 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <E219AB57-1C35-4CAF-B099-94D7743B0BE7@gmail.com>

So you have your email address in your ad? If that is the case, my advice is to remove it. This will force people to register on this site and send you a PM. Then you can take it to email/phone if they are legit. That’s how I sold 2 boats here.

1 Like

Many Thanks…After Tearing my Hair out and Going Temporarily Blind in One Eye trying to figure out how this system works I believe I’ve communicated with the Interested “Jack”…

For those who didn’t see my Classifieds… you should go check them out… I’ve become a “Certified Geezer” and need to Find New Homes for my Beloved Boats. It’s a Sad Day in Waterville. :slight_smile:

I check the classifieds religiously, in the futile hope that a boat for me and somewhat near to me will magically appear there.

ETA I’m very sorry you have to give up your boats. I can relate. Due to injuries and illness I have had to give up so many pursuits that I love… I hope you are able to find a way to get out on the water that works for you.

1 Like