Any QCC experts recognize which model this is?

Thank you. Yeah, I’ve been reading more and unfortunately I’m starting to feel like it’s gonna be too big for me. It’s a great deal, which always tempts me, but perhaps as you suggest it could be more beat up than the photos show.

I can take my time. I have boat I can use; I just would like one that’s a better fit!

Check the hull for spider cracks in the gelcoat. I think the 400X I had was 2008. I did not check the hull good when I bought it, later found it had a good amount of of spider vein cracks in the gelcoat.

@Doggy Paddler said:
Thank you. Yeah, I’ve been reading more and unfortunately I’m starting to feel like it’s gonna be too big for me. It’s a great deal, which always tempts me, but perhaps as you suggest it could be more beat up than the photos show.

I can take my time. I have boat I can use; I just would like one that’s a better fit!

@Doggy Paddler said:

I don’t think the 600 would be two big for you.
My wife who is 5’-2" and weighs 115 pounds paddled one for a long time and loved it.
If it is “a great deal” why not go and demo it ?

Jack L

Thanks!

My issue with just having a look is that it’s a 5 hour round trip drive, and I wouldn’t be able to put it in the water, only sit in it. It’s cheap but the seller says there’s some damage to the fiberglass. So I guess I’ve been talking myself out of it.

Did your wife like her boats snug or roomy? The Easky is supposed to be great for my size, but still feels big to me. I’m sure getting the right boat is like finding clothes that suit you, so I guess it’s hard to tell without trying a boat yourself.

Did I miss it how much is it? You need pictures of it washed. I am now looking on my computer screen not my phone.

If the price is low enough, I would buy it if it is near me, and I do not need another 'yak (ask my wife). :slight_smile:

@Doggy Paddler said:
Thanks!

My issue with just having a look is that it’s a 5 hour round trip drive, and I wouldn’t be able to put it in the water, only sit in it. It’s cheap but the seller says there’s some damage to the fiberglass. So I guess I’ve been talking myself out of it.

Did your wife like her boats snug or roomy? The Easky is supposed to be great for my size, but still feels big to me. I’m sure getting the right boat is like finding clothes that suit you, so I guess it’s hard to tell without trying a boat yourself.

@JackL said:

@Doggy Paddler said:
Thanks!

She likes her boat snug.
She bugged the old owners of QCC to make a tad smaller boat and they finally relented and built the 10X which she now has.
She was in on the design and had them lower the front and back decks as well as shorten the cockpit. It is 15’-3" and she got the first one (the prototype).
I won’t tell you how little we paid for it.
She entered it in the old Bogy and Bacall races in Key Largo and the following week QCC had ten orders for them.

Jack L

Great story! Thanks to her for advocating for smaller paddlers.

Well, it turns out I can’t go see this boat until next weekend anyway, so I guess I’ll keep mulling it over, if it doesn’t get sold.