Any tall paddlers in Solstice GTS?

when buying a

– Last Updated: May-30-16 10:35 AM EST –

kayak...one kayak...background info is necessary for an effective choice.

we're not talking raft here

http://www.google.com/webhp#q=hull+length+as+factor+in+kayak+speeds

as for the 21" yes true but the OP may find a wider longer more sophisticated design ( more$$$) more effective for him...

you see the speed bias is evident ?

OP has a 21" hull therefore he enjoys speed therefore he would buy more speed....more ...more....more

he could get a 429 Mustang to haul it ?

speed

– Last Updated: May-30-16 9:04 PM EST –

what would be a longer wider more sophisticated design be to you? datakoll

"a well designed fatter hull shape may be more energy effective than a thin hull shape."

I am sure we can find extremes on either end of the spectrum.

Dang Chip
Why won’t you get in one?

Off the ACK dock
I paddled a Solstice off the ACK dock last year. It seemed to fit fine. Trouble is, I can’t remember which Solstice it was. I wasn’t paying much attention to the letter-designation and at the time didn’t know there were several models.

I’m uncomfortable asking the shop for help and then turning to the used market to buy a boat. It’s a cool shop run by great people and they’d probably be happy to help, but it feels wrong to take advantage of them as a resource when I don’t plan to buy there.

I’m going to call CD and ask about the dimensions. All the Solstices are the same length, and if the bulkheads are the same distance from the bow and stern, then the cockpit is the same length, and I should fit in any of them.

CD says…
The cockpit position and length are the same in the GT and the GTS. For the Titan, they monkied with the cockpit dimensions a bit to get 2 or 3 more inches.

That’s the end of my question and means I fit in both the GT and the GTS. Guess I should have called them earlier!

Thanks everybody for your help.

~~Chip

yes !
and a curve or 2 between …

agree !

now how do we spend the boozers $3500 ?

with bicycling during The Armstrong TdF, TdF frames were everywhere in shops: a flood.

I find a TdF frame very tiring…similar to my assumed position on kayak hulls.

Concerned parties did handwringing over losing cycli$t$ to the bad choice and bad ride…for those riders, from TdF frames kinda being forced on them by the industry.

Marshall may have an opinion. Marshall, are you hiding ?

Cycle choices are easier what with a solid surface well bounded lined lighted and served by emergency services. Ceptin’ the potential death is always there.

Memorial Day passed without a slew of drownings marking the hypothermia club as paramount.

BTW, today is the Johnstown Flood day

http://goo.gl/I95zPx

FAT is another loaded word.

No, I’m no hands on expert. The Titan is fat to the rear. Common. Looking for the poly multiuse hull, we found a CD with a FAT stern.

FAT ! fat has uses.

No, no images posts on fat sterns…