Anyone currently paddle an Eddyline Carribean

14?
My body loves some SOT, like my Tarpon 160 , but it is just too heavy for my back to deal with.
The reviews are good as have been comments by 2 guys who have paddled them, but they sell them.
I need a seat that can be adjusted for comfort, which in my case involves a seat back, slightly reclined and plenty of leg room.
Any comments to prevent this marriage?

I think you forgot about this conversation:

https://forums.paddling.com/discussion/comment/2953866/#Comment_2953866

It was further back than lunch .

Rafter Girl might be able to provide some enlightenment.

She has and it has been positive.

The boat is ordered. S/ B here in a week or so.

I’m curious how this turns out for you? I’m thinking about a Carribean 12 angler since there is no snow in Southeast Georgia.

I’ll let you know. Probably be a couple of weeks before I can paddle it.

Any feedback Sting? I stopped at REI today and they had the 12 which I like very much. Plenty of storage and well made. Seat looked a little dicey though. Is a 230cm paddle long enough with that boat?

Planning to paddle it tomorrow or Thursday. Yes, the stock seat looks pretty crummy. I’ve ordered the Cloud 10 seat for mine but I’ll be using the standard seat for the initial paddle. At the price of the boat, you would think it would come with a better seat.
Can’t advise on the paddle, but it is a wide boat. I think a 240 is too long for almost anyone but 230 is probably a good length.

I thought it came with the cloud 10 seat?

@shiraz627 said:
I thought it came with the cloud 10 seat?

Mine is a new 2015. Don’t know about now.

Paddled the EL this morning. First, I have to eat a little crow.
Using the seat that came with it , my back was very comfortable and nicely supported for the 2 hours we were paddling. The seat back is very high , which is fine for me. I have a long torso.
My bony butt was beginning to get a bit uncomfortable by the end of the paddle.
The Cloud 10 seat was waiting for me when I got home. It is the same size as the stock seat but much more padded. Heaviest kayak seat I’ve ever seen. Not sure I’ll keep it.

I’m glad that the seat is more comfortable than you expected.

How was the paddling experience, other than seat comfort?

The boat handles nicely. It has quite a keel , so it tracks well. It is also easy to turn. I am not physically capable of pushing myself yet , so I can’t address speed but my paddling partner tried it and thought it is good for what it is. She said it was slow to start but easy to keep going.

@string said:
The boat handles nicely. It has quite a keel , so it tracks well. It is also easy to turn. I am not physically capable of pushing myself yet , so I can’t address speed but my paddling partner tried it and thought it is good for what it is. She said it was slow to start but easy to keep going.

I think it’s great that your latest surgery appears to be successful and that you’re paddling again. Go out and play!

@Rookie said:

@string said:

I think it’s great that your latest surgery appears to be successful and that you’re paddling again. Go out and play!

Thank you.And I will.