Anyone ever paddle in the rain?

@pikabike said:

@string said:
I love dirt roads. I learned to drive on them.

Dirt’s good, deep mud is not.

Do you get any of that southern gumbo mud?

If you are referring to pluff mud , that is found primarily in salt marshes and I have been in it many times on foot and in boats. Almost as tenacious as grease.
I learned to drive in the Charleston area and the roads were mostly sand.
I live in the Upstate now, and the dirt roads are often red clay/ sand mixture. Not something you want all over you or your equipment.

I’ve paddled/pushed through some thick water.

Some was earth & plants and some was more like a slushy

@Sparky961 said:
Hmm… ok, forget paddling in the rain - frozen or not. How about paddling in the mud?

For sure I will be doing that in late Feb as the tide tables for the Everglades backcountry are only best guesses
Poles are useful

@pikabike said:

@string said:
I love dirt roads. I learned to drive on them.

Dirt’s good, deep mud is not.

Do you get any of that southern gumbo mud?

We have red clay that when it gets wet it cakes to your shoes, your tires and anything that ends up in it. You’ll be walking around with 3" of clay on the soles of your shoes like you have grown taller. They make bricks out of it. You stay in the ruts or end up in the ditch. very slick i have driven side ways as the rear tires try to pass the front.

A friend just gave her daughter a paddle board then got another for herself. One reason was that it was white and she got tired of trying to clean the red clay off.
I haven’t seen the new one but the deck isn’t white.

Hard to capture the splash ‘pearls’ in a photo/video.

@Paatit said:
Hard to capture the splash ‘pearls’ in a photo/video.
yeah, love the rain on the water.

Another rain ‘fav’.
Was looking for something else just now, came across this:

Rain, snow, wind, and yes even fog. It’s all good! :wink: