Anyone fishing the Charleston SC area?

Just moved to Johns Island a couple weeks ago. I’m in heaven! No more 5 hour drives from North GA to go coastal fishing (the fact that I’m jobless helps too :wink:

Anyway, looking to swap fishin info pertaining to the area. Or hooking up with someone to fight a few.

Eliot

Dang, missed this one…
I am just over an hour drive from C-Town. Head down to Beaufort, lots of access, little developement (Compared to Charleston) and the fishing is AWESOME!

YotF

Hey!
YotF,

Beaufort isn’t far… I’m on Johns Island, south of Charleston myself. I honestly haven’t seen another yakker fishing since I’ve been here. Have you been getting into many Redfish (spottail)? I’m used to fishing the Gulf and am having a hard time locating the fish here, the tides and currents have also been giving me a hard time!!!

The best I have been able to do so far is locating some tailing fish. But, haven’t gotten any to strike yet. Based on your handle, I assume you are fishing with fly (which amazes me).

My best luck has been drifing the beaches for whiting. I’ve been able to catch dozens in a couple hours on many occasions.