Anyone paddle a Stellar S14s?

I’m going to try one at the end of the month. I’m considering it for my next boat.

No, but I’d like to.

The only that boat that I’ve paddled that’s even a bit similar to it is our Epic V6.

I’ve paddled the S16S and the 18 footer, but I don’t think I’ve done the 14. I thought the 16 foot ski was neat and not tippy. The 14 should be quick, very easy to handle off the water and a wet ride in bumpy water. I have to think that the 320 lb. capacity seems to be pushing it. That should be pretty close to submerging weight.

My S18S wasn’t tippy for me but a very tight fit. My hips would barely squeeze in and my legs were trapped. My back wouldn’t tolerate that.
The 14 is wider, so we’ll see.

String, you maybe to tall for the 14s. I have a friend, who is similar in size to you. He bought a S14s, and did not like it. He looks like Herman Munster on it, My father has aquired something, that may interest you. A Current Designs Kestral 160 composite. It is 16ft with a 26” beam. Cockpit is huge and a lot of volume. May be able keep up with Pat.

@Medawgone said:
String, you maybe to tall for the 14s. I have a friend, who is similar in size to you. He bought a S14s, and did not like it. He looks like Herman Munster on it, My father has aquired something, that may interest you. A Current Designs Kestral 160 composite. It is 16ft with a 26” beam. Cockpit is huge and a lot of volume. May be able keep up with Pat.

I’d like to try it but I’m still restricted until April. We can talk.

I really like the looks of the Kestral. I have paddled SOT for years because of my lousy back. I usually have to fall out of a SINK to get out but I am definitely in the market for a faster boat.

Looks like a fun boat. If I’m not mistaken, it only has an option for an overstern, which was a bit of a letdown for me, but otherwise, it looks like a good time.

https://cdkayak.com/Kayaks.aspx?id=16

@Blitzemall said:
Looks like a fun boat. If I’m not mistaken, it only has an option for an overstern, which was a bit of a letdown for me, but otherwise, it looks like a good time.

Overstern as in rudder. I don’t use rudders.

@string said:

@Blitzemall said:

In that case, I would have close look at the hull first. If it is a rounded hull, it may not be the boat for you. Definitely be worth it to demo if possible.

@Blitzemall said:

@string said:

@Blitzemall said:

In that case, I would have close look at the hull first. If it is a rounded hull, it may not be the boat for you. Definitely be worth it to demo if possible.

Thanks