Applying the San Juan River litmus test to a new canoe purchase

After toying with thoughts of purchasing a performance touring solo, such as the Wenonah Advantage, I’ve decided I need to apply the San Juan River litmus test.
I’ve done the lower section of the San Juan twice. Once in my Discovery 174 and once in my cataraft. It’s not a dangerous or technical river, but it’s narrow and the flow is really fast, and it has a phenomena called sand waves. It swamped my 174 a couple times.
So you need a boat that is somewhat maneuverable, can handle a decent load (you have to bring all your water) and can handle some pretty good size waves.
A Boundary Waters type boat isn’t suitable, but neither is a full on white water boat. Something in between.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=san+juan+river+float+trip%2C+video&qpvt=san+juan+river+float+trip%2C+video&view=detail&mid=9A61F0E9B7F1BE912CFC9A61F0E9B7F1BE912CFC&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsan%2Bjuan%2Briver%2Bfloat%2Btrip%2c%2Bvideo%26qpvt%3Dsan%2Bjuan%2Briver%2Bfloat%2Btrip%2c%2Bvideo%26FORM%3DVDRE

Sweet…