AquaBound Mariner versus Werner Camano

Looking to get one of these two paddles in the very near future. I have test paddled a Camano and it seems like a decent paddle. My current paddle is a AB Manta Ray (Carbon Shaft) ABX paddle. I like it, but am looking for a lighter, more full low angle blade to go with my Manta Ray which is a high angle blade

Anyone paddle both of these and mind commenting?

The AB Mariner is all carbon, where as the Camano is carbon shaft, glass blades. Right now I can get each for roughlythe same $.

Thanks.

TheBigYaker

Not sure on Mariner but…
I have one of AB’s carbon laminate Sting Rays and I love it. I’m not even sure if they’ve put the laminate Sting Ray on the website yet but it’s basicly the same layup as the Mariner.

I would have to say I prefer AB paddles just because of my experience with them in replacing blades and cutting down shafts. Their customer service has been great for me.

FYI:

Something else to think about is instead of buying a new paddle all together is to send your current paddle to them and have them replace the blades with a lighter blade.

Scott

Aqua Bound
I’ve been a fan of Aqua Bound for many years. I’ve sold them from my own shop, I’ve paddled with them myself for years and I know they stand by them.

that being said, Werner is also a good company. I’d still get the Aqua Bound though.

Cheers…Joe O’

Using the Camano
Bent shaft, glass - like it alot. My girlfriend though recently purchased a Bent Shaft Carbon Kallista by Werner. That’s one sweet paddle. Since you’re looking for a quality paddle, do yourself a favor and at least check it out. It’s very lightweight, and really a thing of beauty.

Dave

Research ONNO
You can’t get a much better paddle and the price is right.

Mariners
I’ve used the AB Mariner paddle for awhile. I also got their Tsunami to see how I liked a higher angle paddle. It was fine, but I have recently switched back to the Mariner. I have absolutely no complaints about it. I say go with that one.

Peggy

http://paddletales.blogspot.com

Thanks All - Got The AB Mariner
All carbon about 29 oz for a 230 cm. Couldn’t justify getting a Carbon Camano for $100 more. Considered an ONNO, but never seen one and so there was a little unknown there.

I have been happy with my other AquaBound paddle, so I hope that this is as good or better.

TheBigYaker