Aquaterra Chinook NW Rudder Part

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but.

In case anyone out there is still looking…

I recently broke A plastic piece on my Chinook NW kayak that mainly allows you to flip the rudder up and down when needed as well as spaces everything correctly… I have found a few posts of people looking for that plastic part.

Well being that I could not find one I had a buddy redesign it and he 3d printed me one
and its working great so far… So if anyone out there is still in need of that part. I can get you the file or have one printed if needed. This uses the Original pin and replaces the block only

EDIT:
I happen to find a factory replacement but its $95 lol…
From description it will fit as a replacement part for the central block and pin for an Aquaterra (aka Perception) brand rudder assembly, circa 1990s and year 2000, common on Spectrum, Sea Lion, Chinook, and Prism sea kayaks

2 Likes

Very cool gesture!

Hi! This just happened to me when moving my kayak–I’d love to have the file for that 3D print–that would be really helpful! Thanks!

Hi LoR:

Just bought an old Aquaterra Spectrum with a broken 3-screw rudder block. Could I pay you (something well under $95) for one of these?

Thanks,

Charley Duggan

@LandofRath I just came across your post for the replacement plastic part. If I could get a copy of your file that would be absolutely awsome. Alternatively I would be happy to pay for a printed replacement but I’m not sure where you are based (I’m in Australia)

Cheers

Nic

I would like to purchase the three pin rudder block off your friend if he can print me one please. Respond for contact info.

Hi,
I just came across your post as was looking for solutions for the broken plastic piece of the rudder assembly for my old Aquaterra chinook kayak. Would it be possible to purchase the printed piece from your friend ??
Hilary

I could use the 3d file for this part if you still offer it. dan.garrett@proforma.com

I only have the one file for one part. I will share that with anyone but I don’t really feel like hounding my friend to have lots of them made. He is pretty busy and I don’t want to lose the privilege’s I have by making this a nuisance… If I can figure out a way to just post the file up here for anyone I will. I sent the file to a few people maybe one of them is willing to print up a few?

Hi LandofRath,
I think most of us would just love to have the 3D file if you could send it or put on a drive space where we could download it. No need for a printed piece for me–thanks!

See if this link works…

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1N9ljWsH-yh9kn1T-yU5S5CwR1PlO_K9x

It looks like that worked! Fantastic-thanks very much!

Any chance you could print one for me? I live in Gig Harbor, WA. Just let me know how much it would cost with shipping. Thanks!!