Are Pringles plastic?

I ate a can at lunch and they didn’t taste like food. I have seen break, who will eat virtually anything organic, snif them and leave.

Tried one when they first came out. Tasted more like chemicals than food.

They’re made from a slurry of “wheat, rice, corn, and potato flakes” and other ingredients I can’t pronounce, then pressed into shape. Highly processed.

Popcorn (air popped at home) is a better choice. At least it’s a whole grain.

Apparently the hikers really like Pringles because of the high calories and low weight. Crush them so they’re more compact, and sprinkle them on instant potatoes.

Did a lot of hiking. No Pringles. PB&J.

That’s a new on on me – I never met a hiker who carried potato chips of any kind and I’ve trekked with hundreds of people over 50 years in the outdoors. What would be the point? Crushed, they have no “crunch” mouth feel (that and salt are the only reasons people eat chips, right?), and they get soggy in humid weather. If you need crumbs in your food, better to carry a baggie of Italian style herbed bread crumbs or those crispy shoestring potato crisps that come in a pop-top can. For flavor on camp cooking, I prefer Butter Buds dehydrated defatted butter and Penzey’s Spices sublime “Pasta Sprinkle” and “Sunny Paris” blends. For nutrient density, hard to beat olive oil, foil-packed tuna and salmon and chocolate bars.

I wonder how well they burn. I’ve used stale Fritos to light a fire before. They burn for quite awhile as they are their own mini oil lamp.

The container they come in work well for holding a single sleeve of saltine crackers so they don’t get crushed. I don’t eat pringles. I do eat saltines with sardines or spam on them.

I can’t stomach sardines. Vienna Sausage was my thing. Haven’t eaten one in years.

https://youtu.be/_pVhkgYUgo0

I’m not a big fan of the V sausage, but really like the little fish packed in water. A dab of mustard base BBQ sauce to top off the fish and cracker is almost gourmet

Another favorite treat is a saltine with Philadelphia cream cheese and honey on top…Ummmm!

@DrowningDave said:
https://youtu.be/_pVhkgYUgo0

That is some serious engineering.

One plus is the tubes are paper and metal, the only plastic is the removable top. The tubes are perfect for saltines in the sleeve.
I don’t often eat chips, but do like the original Lays when I splurge and eat chips.

I know a hiker who carried Pringles. I’m sure he did it because they take up so little space compared to a bag of potato chips… mostly air. First ingredient: conformity. I think it was Sheldon Cooper who said that.

I just tried the flame test. Got a smooth, controlled burn.

Sounds like good fire starters that you can also eat…

@grayhawk said:
Sounds like good fire starters that you can also eat…

When you’re desperate.

some rafting companies packed pringles- I think the thought was that the cardboard can offered some crush protection and took less space

Wheat thins and melba toast crackers are a lot more durable than saltines for schlepping. I just carry them in baggies or Talenti sorbet screw top jars.

@willowleaf said:
Wheat thins and melba toast crackers are a lot more durable than saltines for schlepping. I just carry them in baggies or Talenti sorbet screw top jars.

I like both of those too.