Are there any kayaks in Brazil??

I will be going to Brazil at the end of the month and would like to find someplace, other than the Amazon (too far away for the time that I have) to paddle. Anybody know of anyplace in the central or western part of the country to check out? Any other suggestions on where to go or what to do?

Brazil
Where in Brazil? It’s a very big country. VF

Brazil
I’ve been told that you can’t go to Brazil and not go to Foz do Iguacu. Is there paddling in that area? I’m open for any suggestions, except the Amazon.

Blinded & Amazed in Brazil

– Last Updated: Mar-11-08 7:41 PM EST –

Blinded on the beaches by the women

Amazed by the statue of Christ the Reedemer in Rio and the magnificent Igassu Falls. Both will leave you with everlasting memories.

It is worth the investment to take the helocopter ride over Rio.

Enjoy the beauty of Brazil and pass on the paddling unless you're building a resume. I know we all love to paddle but if this is your first trip then go enjoy the country, the people and their life style.

Great sea kayaking on the Costa Verde just south of Rio de Janeiro. Paraty Explorer is an outfitter that runs guided trips, rents quality sea kayaks and provides advice on organising your own trip.

1 Like

Stay out of the water near Rio de Janeiro since it is horribly contaminated. I recall hearing about that from the Olympics there years ago and suspect it hasn’t been cleaned up since then.

It was a major issue for the sailing events there

1 Like