Asheville, NC - where to go?

I will be going to Asheville for 4 days end of June and would like a 4-5 hour paddle, need shuttle service as I have my own canoe.

Anything close to Asheville that anyone can recommend?

Thanks,

AntiqFreq

Yep
The French Broad…you can paddle thru the Biltmore Estate…and there’s an outfitter just downstream of the estate that offers shuttle service.

Here’s a link
http://www.paddlewithus.com/

Let me know if you need any more info…I live in east Asheville.

Nantahala River

– Last Updated: Jan-26-06 11:12 PM EST –

If a drive of a couple of hours is no big deal, you could drive to Bryson City, N.C. & do the Nantahala. Lot of class 2, class 2+, and a couple of low class 3.
River is dam controlled; I don't know their scheduled releases during the winter months. I do know that the Nantahala is "very" cold, and if you swim, you'd better be wearing some quality cold water gear.

BOB

paddle with us
Unfortunately this website/business must not be working anymore.

The toll free # is disconnected

and you can’t email them either as that link

is not working.

They were actually the first place I found on the internet & now can’t reach them.

Thanks,

AntiqFreq

There are at least a couple of
outfitters on the French Broad River who s/b in the phone book.

Just called
I called the local number, it was temporarily disconnected too, but gave this number (828-231-5113). This goes to the owner. They close during the winter, and apparently the phone company allows them to discontinue service.

If all you need is shuttle service…I may be able to help with that, depends on my shedule at the time…but I’ll help if at all possible.