Attaching a deck bag...

I’ve never been a big fan of deck bags, but recently, in some situations, I want some things closer at hand. So I got a mesh deck bag. My question is how do I attach it to my boat. It has D-rings on all four corners. The top two corners have some cording attached. Obviously I could get more cord and just tie it to the deck bunjies, but I was hoping for something a bit more quick-release and better looking than that. I’ve been looking for some kind of plastic clip, but I can’t figure out how to attach them to the D-rings. Do I just tie them on or use cable ties to attach them, some variation on that theme, or is there some kind perfect hardware that I’m just missing here.

Lots of options
You can use the small keychain type carabiners, if you put the gate down so there’s less risk of entrapment. Another good choice is the velcro bundling strap with the hooks on one side and loops on the other. You can get it in several widths.

Good Luck

Randy

If you find the plastic clips
You could attach them to the D rings with some largish split rings.

I’ve found the small 'biners to be pretty unreliable, but there are brass oval ‘rings’ with a screw-closed gap that I’ve used.

The velcro idea above sounds good, but you’ll need to replace the velcro straps from time to time as they get crusted with grime. At the price, though, that sounds like the cheapest option.

You could use bits of line and use a quick release hitch knot.

Plenty of options. Just go to the hardware section of your hardware store and have an open mind.

• Big D

Suggestion
If there are any marine/yachting hardware supply stores around, check them out. They probably have a wide assortment of plastic, nylon and other “hardware” that might be exactly what you need. Here in NJ we have several, what with all that ocean to the east. I’m guessing there might be some close to you if you’re near the ocean.

Jeff