Au revoir summer

@sing said:
I said goodbye to summer this AM. It’s a bit over 50 degrees, cloudy and raw with NE wind off the ocean. I had on my biking tights and a fleece jacket on the ride in and still felt cold. Probably because I was surfing in 75 plus degrees on a dawn patrol yesterday… a 25 degree shift in one day. :neutral:

sing

This morning it warmed up to low 50’s for a change. Feels like spring again! Next thing you know, then snow in the hills will be melting off!
Last weekend wet snow and wind kept me from paddling in and camping.

@string said:
99 and sunny here.
On the news last night they said yesterday was the hottest day of 2019 in Charlotte. That’s crazy.

@SharpsRifle said:
This morning it warmed up to low 50’s for a change. Feels like spring again! Next thing you know, then snow in the hills will be melting off!
Last weekend wet snow and wind kept me from paddling in and camping.
We’re hoping for a freeze to kill the mosquitos that are killing folks in Michigan.

@TomL said:

We’re hoping for a freeze to kill the mosquitos that are killing folks in Michigan.

Dead skeeters and bees.
Might be the third best thing about fall, right after salmon runs, which comes right after hunting season starting.

@TomL said:

@string said:
99 and sunny here.
On the news last night they said yesterday was the hottest day of 2019 in Charlotte. That’s crazy.

Crazy difference in temperatures. We’re running about 15 degrees below normal up here. Yesterday it was barely 50F. Tonight down to 39F, plus constant rain this week.

Local evening news weatherman claims we could see snow in about ten days. Sheesh. Leaves are just starting to show color.

Au revoir
o’er reservoir
even Indian is gone,
Fall nuts gone squirrelly.
Hard frost comes early.
Is this the winter’s dawn?
No rust to wooly bear crossing lawn
(we seasoned erratically go on)

o’er says it all