Austin Day Trips

I need a one day trip near Austin, preferable the LCRA. Need put in and take out directions. Saw trip from Fisherman’s village to Tahitan Village near Bastrop but can’t find directions to Tahitan Village? I’m close to Bastrop…

You might browse the entries…
…under Texas in the “Places to Paddle” feature to theleft of your screen. I don’t know TX geography, so don’t know if any of those trips are near Austin, but you could contact the folks who sound knowledgeable.

Try this link
Canoeman has some info on the Colorado river on his site here…

http://southwestpaddler.com/

Did you see the nearby link…
…about a demo day in Austin next week? Good place to meet local paddlers, I’d think.

Texas Help
Stop by Austin Gear and Guidance off of 35 close to UT. They’ll be a great source of info. Pick up a copy of Rivers & Rapids, they’ll probably have it at AG&G. Soutwest paddler is a good source of information as well. luv2paddle.com has forums for the different areas. If you want good day trips you might check out the San Marcos. It’s spring fed and has good flow most of the year. We’re doing a trip tomorrow from Martindale down to Staples. Two other places to get good info: Spencer’s Canoes and TG Canoe. Happy Paddling! God Bless. Dwayne