Austin Kayak Acquired by Camping World

Was looking something for a kayak repair. Austin Kayaks has been a go to site, in the past. Saw they where no longer in business. Apparently they where bought out by Camping World. The new site is called The House. Typical Camping World style page, that dabbles in paddling.

https://www.the-house.com/austin-kayak-canoe?utm_source=austinkayak_com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=summit-redirect

1 Like

That’s a shame the few times I’ve ordered from them I’ve gotten really nice service

1 Like

That’s an interesting article. It seems to read that they did have a successful business model, but there were some flaws in attempting a merger with a company from a different industry. I get the impression Summit Sports might have pushed too hard for influence over business practices that they did not understand. I guess it stated as much: “Steve Messana says he and his brother thought they could apply ACK’s winning formula to a complementary outdoor business. Instead, the opposite happened.”

1 Like

Well that explains why I started getting spam mail from something called The House, I’d never heard of and trying to sell me things I don’t have any interest in.

1 Like