BA Small Whetstone Shelter as solo Tarp alternative???

Does anyone have first hand experience with the SMALL Big Agnes Whetstone Shelter as an alternative to rigging a tarp for solo use as a kitchen/rain/wind protection as a supplement to your normal tent for layover days or longer afternoons? Seems like an easier alternative to rigging a tarp which can be problematic in many coastal environments due to lack or placement of trees in relation to the camp spot clearing, Changing a tarp configuration in response to wind shift is cumbersome and time consuming at best especially when foraged support poles are necessary. The Whetstone packs small and light (3"x 19" x 3lb. 12oz) so space in the kayak not really a challenge. Ideally, I’d like to know if there is enough head room for you to sit in your Helinox One out of rain drip line when in the three point (half clamshell) position. Most reviews are about day use at the beach and some mention poor wind performance. Not as small/light as a tarp but maybe a better option. Normally too expensive to consider but good sale price on discontinued color at the moment…has me giving it consideration. Anyone using one as a tarp alternative? Thanks.

guess not. peace.

I considered the whetstone shelter for the same reason. I ended up modifying the rainfly of one of my tents to use as a free standing shelter for sitting and cooking. It didn’t cost me anything and can still be used with as a rainfly on the tent it came with.