Back in action, sort of.

After a hiatus of six months, I was back on the water this morning. It was not easy but enjoyable anyway.
We paddled the swamp next to Santee State Park. It was a bit overcast and cool. Saw several osprey, and an anhinga.
Probably only paddled 2-3 miles, but it was a start.

@string said:
After a hiatus of six months, I was back on the water this morning. It was not easy but enjoyable anyway.
We paddled the swamp next to Santee State Park. It was a bit overcast and cool. Saw several osprey, and an anhinga.
Probably only paddled 2-3 miles, but it was a start.

And my recently installed wiring didn’t short or pull out.

congrats for getting back out on the water!

@TomL said:
congrats for getting back out on the water!

Thanks Tom. It was a long day spell. Really dry.

I can relate, got back out this weekend after having the 2nd hip done. It went better
than in Jan. (after the first hip). I picked a roomier kayak that I could stretch out in. The group I was paddling with took their time, so I just floated in the current a good bit. Besides paddling I kind of got carried away over the weekend, mowed the grass, walked the dog, pedalled the exercise bike and I really feel it this morning. Tomorrow I go back to the doc to be cleared for physical activity. Kind of beat him to it.

And an anhinga.

That’s hard to say.

Glad you’re getting out to play. I’m looking forward to some warmer air and water so I can safely and comfortably hit the local reservoir. Last year I saw Least Sandpipers buzzing the surface. Hope to see them again and maybe get some pictures.

@tdaniel said:
I can relate, got back out this weekend after having the 2nd hip done. It went better
than in Jan. (after the first hip). I picked a roomier kayak that I could stretch out in. The group I was paddling with took their time, so I just floated in the current a good bit. Besides paddling I kind of got carried away over the weekend, mowed the grass, walked the dog, pedalled the exercise bike and I really feel it this morning. Tomorrow I go back to the doc to be cleared for physical activity. Kind of beat him to it.

Typical guy! Me too.

Great to hear, Jim!