Bad joke but

:scream:

1 Like

When a power boater told me its hard to see kayaks, I said that’s unfortunate, because at a slow speed, I see all the partially submerged logs that don’t have an orange PFD marking their location. Good luck, sucker!

7 Likes

That a common excuse!

So, power boats are called stinkpots, sailboats are called stick boats, and kayaks are known as speed bumps!

In my experience many powerboaters only have 2 speeds Stopped and full speed ahead. That’s not to say there aren’t good powerboaters. However, when a sheriff’s deputy gets thrown out of his boat after circling us at high speed and hitting his own wake and not having the kill ignition clip attached to him, well that certainly doesn’t inspire me to trust powerboaters. His reckless actions resulted in a runaway high speed unmanned power boat circling around us and getting closer after each pass. We were in two sailboats at the time and barely made it out of that circle of death. I pulled the deputy out of the water. He wanted me to try and get him back on his boat, and I told him that wasn’t possible. The expensive boat ran ashore on a small island, and you could hear both outboards revved up and then shortly froze up. So, I do not trust power boats.

3 Likes

…and ww boaters called tubers, fatalities- a little old school ww humor, think Nealy

1 Like

If you liked your ride then tip your guide. If you didn’t like him then tip him anyway and we will make sure you never have to see him or her again. I can guarantee that your guide does NOT know how to spell gratuity but knows how to accept one . On behalf of Fictious River Adventures thank you again for sharing the river with us, check out the T shirt shop and Tony will have the video up shortly- ahhh the glory days, the finishing speech on a rafting bus

3 Likes

It looks like power boats even kill people on the side of the road! :astonished:
1 pedestrian killed, 1 hurt in Michigan when trailer hauling boat breaks free and strikes them | AP News

Wow :anguished:. And they were walking on a BIKE PATH! So not even on the shoulder of the road.

Isn’t that what safety chains are for? Or do people not use them, or are they just decoration?

1 Like

Link to story from Beaufort SC of boat on trailer smashing into a local Waffle House.
picture https://yourislandnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/WaffleHouseBoat1.webp
article https://yourislandnews.com/shattered-covered-and-smashed/

Was that Sheriff’s Deputy reported to his superiors for his recklessness?

He had to go back through training I don’t know if anything more was done… Yes, my friend who had his 7-year-old daughter on board and call to lodge a formal complaint. The officer also used my phone on the sailboat to contact the dispatcher for assistance