Bandaid for finger

Lattice of coincidence
I cut the tip of my index finger–and a good part of the nail–clean off this morning with a pair of scissors. It’s been glued back on, but the doctor gives it less than 50/50 odds of staying reattached.

Go to drugstore
I was there yesterday and they had some stuff to protect a cut fingertip. Looked like a little housing for your fingertip. Also finger cots roll over your finger like a little condom, and will keep 'em dry at least.

Good luck and be careful. Use some neosporin on it too.

soak it in tequila.

Hey rroberts…
don’t waste that stuff…

it’s liquid gold…

paddling with finger cut
Three years ago I slashed the last joint of my index finger to the bone (literally). A hand surgeon stitched it up with ten stitches. I talked with him about paddling and he said only if I could guarantee it would stay dry (due to high infection risk if it got wet and that a infection would have a direct path into the bone). Taking what he sort of intended as a “no” to be a possible “yes” I put on a “finger condom” on the finger and put two exam gloves over that hand. The gloves were taped at the wrist. The gloves were watched to be sure they didn’t wear through. Hand stayed dry, the paddling obsession was accommodated, and the finger healed with no problems.

With regard to using super glue for glueing cuts, my late father fell two years ago on some concrete steps and hit his head. We waited about four hours for tests and results to be sure there wasn’t a concussion. A Doctor came then walked up with a tube of the medical version of super glue. He pinched the edges of the cuts closed and glued it. Took about 3 minutes. Healed fine.

yeah, but…

…I meant soak it from the inside.

healing naturally
You pretty much have to go Rambo if you want to be totally safe. Put some gunpowder in it and then set it on fire. If it looks good you’re all set, if not you may b\have to cut it off, but if you’ve got no finger, you’ve got mo finger to get infected.