BC Marine Trails Network Opening in May

-- Last Updated: May-04-11 5:08 PM EST --

I thought I would give a heads-up here about the first two segments of the BC Marine Trails Network that are scheduled to officially open on May 14, 2011 at the Vancouver Island Paddlefest in Ladysmith.

The BC Marine Trails Network has been in the works for a long time and many, many people have contributed countless volunteer hours to reach this hugely significant first milestone.

For those of you who have paddled, and those of you who ever want to paddle the coastal waters of British Columbia this is a momentous achievement that is securing safe kayaking passage along the entire coast of the province. When completed, it will be the largest marine trail in the world!

So if you're in the area, come and join in the festivities -- there's a week long camping event in the Gulf Islands prior to the official opening and there is a huge kayak flotilla planned to bring public awareness on the day of the opening.

To learn more about the BC Marine Trails Network and for more information regarding the Grand Opening celebrations, please visit the BCMNTA website:

http://www.bcmarinetrails.org/news.htm

Thanks,

Dan

Very Cool
What a great project!!!

A really great project!
This is going to make the BC coast so much more accessible. Trip planning will be easier with more resources.

ok
cya in Ladysmith!

ste ve

Glad you can attend
No idea what you look like but I’ll keep an eye out for you. :wink:

Bring 'em on!!!
I just joined Washington Water Trails Assoc. and can’t wait to put the guidebook and other info to use!

We made The Decision and will be moving to the PNW, hopefully within a year. I am so excited about the paddling opps, and we don’t even have to give up having mountains to climb.

Awesome!
What fabulous news! Looking at the maps – heaven on earth. What a fantastic wonder waterland playground for a kayaker. Total destination!

Give a shout…
…when you are on the way. This is a great place to be a paddler.

Jon