Beam Me Up, Scotty !

Pnet enters senility.

I’m going paddling. SYOTW.

Is this Captain Kirk?

This PNetter has hit ‘seniority’. I used to go with a GPS and see what kind of speeds I could do. Today I just looked for unusual birds. Pretty danged excited to see and hear some.

@Rex said:
This PNetter has hit ‘seniority’. I used to go with a GPS and see what kind of speeds I could do. Today I just looked for unusual birds. Pretty danged excited to see and hear some.

Amen Bro!

What is the topic? Oh birds. I like them and other critters too. :wink:

@SeaDart said:
Pnet enters senility.

Yeah… I went and got myself an ultralight solo canoe and have been lilly dipping my local ponds with a fishing rod. I even had a tilly on this morning. Sheesh…

sing

Birds are good. Haven’t replaced the first Tilley but seems the substitutes look a lot like a Tilley.

I wore one out, UV got the crown, and they replaced it.

@sing said:

@SeaDart said:
Pnet enters senility.

Yeah… I went and got myself an ultralight solo canoe and have been lilly dipping my local ponds with a fishing rod. I even had a tilly on this morning. Sheesh…

sing

Sounds good to me.

Beam me up to the NE, quick!!! Surf’s up and I’m sitting here in the middle of “fly-over” country, with temps expected to hit the high 80’s. I am gonna to go crazy… :#

senior sing swearing about sweating in a surfless sizzle.

Canoes are cool. I did a lilly dipping crossing on Bear Lake in Utah on a Sunday Morning. Water was cold, one week before Memorial Day on a Sunday in Utah. 6 miles and did not see another person. Lots of geese, trout, carp , muskrat and unknown water birds.

@SeaDart said:
Canoes are cool. I did a lilly dipping crossing on Bear Lake in Utah on a Sunday Morning. Water was cold, one week before Memorial Day on a Sunday in Utah. 6 miles and did not see another person. Lots of geese, trout, carp , muskrat and unknown water birds.

Wow. Rubbing it in. Canoe and lillydipping are for Pond Atlantic days. Right now, it’s 5’ plus, @ 10 seconds, in MassBay while I sit here on flat, flat, flat land with no water in sight (all I saw on the flight in were very weedy, algae covered ponds and waterways… :s ).

One more day before returning to my homebreak (and sanity).

sing

@sing said:
Beam me up to the NE, quick!!! Surf’s up and I’m sitting here in the middle of “fly-over” country, with temps expected to hit the high 80’s. I am gonna to go crazy… :#

Go Northwest Old Man, Go Northwest

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

Paris looks like a great surf brah … LOL!

Flew home yesterday. Plane descended right over my homebreak. The locals were still surfing on 3’ waves. Today, it’s back to Pond Atlantic conditions… :frowning:

Will head out with the canoe, Tilly and fishing rod tomorrow (and “act” my age).

sing (sr)

That’s the breaks! :wink:

@sing said:

Even when it is Pond Pacific, epicness still happens http://youtu.be/l9esspPVpG0

I think Paris puts in more paddle miles than 95% of Pnet posters.
Have fun in your canoe sing. I find when I go out when it’s really big surf I’m spending too much time upside down / and or swimming. Fortunately we almost always have a few waves here, but the summer tourists have arrived so i save my surfing for early weekday mornings.

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

@sing said:

Even when it is Pond Pacific, epicness still happens http://youtu.be/l9esspPVpG0

Paris obviously comes from a long line of whale pointing dogs… LOL!

sing

A very special breed for sure!