Beer and a good cause

Some of you may remember a few years back ShenandoahRiverRat and I sponsored a party and fishing contest on the Shenandoah River to support the Shenandoah Riverkeeper.

Well, that little idea has taken off. The Riverkeeper, Jeff Kelble loved it. I think what he loved most about it was getting on the river with other river lovers rather than spending all his time with biologists, lobbyists, and politicians.

Anyway, our little party is not a big party with beer, food, camping, Catch, Photo, Release (CPR) fishing contest, river trips from local outfitters, all manner of fun. There’ll be good bluegrass music, Bruce Ingram will be there selling and autographing his river fishing books, and the food is bar-be-que that cannot be beat.

So, please join us on July 17 for the Shenandoah Riverkeeper Rodeo. This is his biggest fund-raiser and membership drive of the year. Please participate if you can. It’s a good, wholesome, family friendly environment. Except with fishermen.

For more information: http://www.shenandoahriverkeeper.org/rodeo

Please feel free to e-mail me with questions. I haven’t got many answers, but you can e-mail me with the questions. Use the e-mail link in my profile.

Thanks a lot.

• Big D

Bump

KOOL POOL
Sounds like a fun place to hang out as the younger people say. Good water good food and a campfire what else could a person need!