belated pics susquehanna trip

Hi all,

I’d promised some pics of the trip on the Susquehanna this summer but have been tied up with other things. These aren’t all and unfortunately I lost the ones for the last half of the trip except at Havre de Grace. SO guess I’ll have to do that part again.

See: http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/album.php?aid=2005386&id=1550822175

if interested :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all the help given over the course of the paddle.

Linda M.

Camp Hill Pa

Doesn’t work
You have to be a Facebook member to view.

Also, picture sharing and praising
is most commonly done on the Paddlers Discussion Forum.

nazi
i think you may have control issues.

And you don’t?
What, exactly, was non-helpful about my post, as opposed to yours?

i didn’t say i didn’t have …
control issues. just pointing out the obvious

Moderating
…is most commonly done by moderators.

g2d, hush!
We’re trying to do something here and you keep butting in, unnecessarily. If you want to discuss which board to put something on then Please start a thread in “discussions”.

Linda posted these pictures here because several of us contacted her for info about our own upcoming trips on the Susquehanna. Now you two have spoiled it for her by trying to make it something its not.

Here’s a link that works http://tinyurl.com/69w9fx

and the photos are beautiful. Thank you Linda for taking the time to put them where we can see them, and thanks for your help on trip planning. You are a wonderful resource!

Who is moderating? You seem to be
trying to moderate me. I only provided the information that such threads are more appropriate for the discussion forum. How is that moderating?

I would like to see Susquehanna pics
too, but your link still says that one must have a Facebook password to reach them. So I guess the “Advice, Suggestions, or General Help” about these pictures is “tough luck.” Facebook your way of saving face?

the common factor
is you, g2d.

it’s not me, or that other guy, or that other guy, or that lady, or that kid, or that other guy.

The common factor is the guideline for
this forum. It’s not a law, not a requirement, it’s only a guideline, but just because you guys can’t stand guidelines, I plan to keep pointing to it. You all seem to attach so much importance to being reminded of a simple guideline. If you think it’s so important, I plan to help.

Looks like a fun trip
What sections did you paddle? I can see there was some camping involved. I’m not familiar with the river, but I’m always interested in good paddling stories.

(Now that I have a facebook password, maybe I should check to see if my kids have pages - not sure I want to know!)

Puh-leeze!
Can’t we stay on topic? Linda was very nice to share her pictures with us and you guys are turning this thread into a P___ing Contest. Good way to push newbies and occasional posters off the board, guys. If you don’t like the way a thread is positioned then don’t read it, that’ll show 'em, eh!

Joining Facebook is just another step into the IT world, no big deal, if you don’t want to go there then don’t. You had to join You Tube, right? and you had to join Webshots, right? Oh, by the way, you had to join Paddling.net, right?

Looks Like A Great Trip
You are very fortunate to live in Central PA … Tons of great water and tons of great paddlers.

I thought I was on topic
Commented that it looked like a fun trip, and invited her to post more details - what’s wrong with that?

Hi ech…
Your post was spot on and greatly appreciated since it was one of the only adult posts on this thread. You got caught in the crossfire, sorry I did that and I hope you don’t hold it against me. I’m a pretty decent guy but g2d annoys me sometimes. What I should do is take my own advice and stop reading his posts:)

the unfortunate part is that the original poster was very willing to share her story and her pictures and it sort of got trampled. She did a remarkable trip, 444 miles is a long trip for any paddler. Well done!

Thanks for the pictures
I’ve paddled a number of stretches of that great river and it was nice to see some other stretches and see it through somebody else’s eyes (lens).

Momma maple reminds me of some of the islands I camped on in the 30 mile section above Marysville. Where was it?

How’d you feel when you got that last stretch done by the Bay? It’s an amazing feeling when you pass the last bridge and it’s all open in front of you.

How’d you deal with all the dams? THAT sounds like work!

Enjoyed the pics. Thanks.

~~Chip

Be careful on Facebook
I’d love to see your pictures, but I’m glad I decided not to go over there to get at them.

Destructive Koobface virus turns up on Facebook

Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:52pm EST

BOSTON (Reuters) - Facebook’s 120 million users are being targeted by a virus dubbed “Koobface” that uses the social network’s messaging system to infect PCs, then tries to gather sensitive information such as credit card numbers.

It is the latest attack by hackers increasingly looking to prey on users of social networking sites.

“A few other viruses have tried to use Facebook in similar ways to propagate themselves,” Facebook spokesman Barry Schnitt said in an e-mail. He said a “very small percentage of users” had been affected by these viruses.

“It is on the rise, relative to other threats like e-mails,” said Craig Schmugar, a researcher with McAfee Inc.

Koobface spreads by sending notes to friends of someone whose PC has been infected. The messages, with subject headers like, “You look just awesome in this new movie,” direct recipients to a website where they are asked to download what it claims is an update of Adobe Systems Inc’s Flash player.

If they download the software, users end up with an infected computer, which then takes users to contaminated sites when they try to use search engines from Google, Yahoo, MSN and Live.com, according McAfee.

McAfee warned in a blog entry on Wednesday that its researchers had discovered that Koobface was making the rounds on Facebook.

Facebook requires senders of messages within the network to be members and hides user data from people who do not have accounts, said Chris Boyd, a researcher with FaceTime Security Labs. Because of that, users tend to be far less suspicious of messages they receive in the network.

“People tend to let their guard down. They think you’ve got to log in with an account, so there is no way that worms and other viruses could infect them,” Boyd said.

Social network MySpace, owned by News Corp, was hit by a version of Koobface in August and used security technology to eradicate it, according to a company spokeswoman. The virus has not cropped up since then, she said.

Privately held Facebook has told members to delete contaminated e-mails and has posted directions at http://www.facebook.com/security on how to clean infected computers.

Richard Larmer, chief executive of RLM Public Relations in New York, said he threw out his PC after it became infected by Koobface, which downloaded malicious software onto his PC. It was really bad. It destroyed my computer," he said.

McAfee has not yet identified the perpetrators behind Koobface, who are improving the malicious software behind the virus in a bid to outsmart security at Facebook and MySpace.

“The people behind it are updating it, refining it, adding new functionalities,” said McAfee’s Schmugar.

yep, that’s why we buy McAfee products
I wonder how many of these viruses might actually be the handiwork of companies selling anti-spyware as a way of increasing their own sales? I know McAfee is on the up and up. Still…I wonder sometimes