Belize trip

We are very interested in this trip ( http://www.islandexpeditions.com/ie-tripdesc-glovers.html ) that we discovered through the paddling.net site and we’re just about ready to sign up. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about going, or if anyone has experience with Belize and/or this outfitter?

Belize trip

– Last Updated: Jan-26-07 8:24 PM EST –

My wife and I did that trip in 98 or 99 and it was great. We went back in 2000 with Slickrock (www.slickrock.com) with some friends also great. We are thinking about their (ie's) coral islands trip for this March. The main difference between the two was slickrock had elevated cabins, ie was doing wall tents. Slickrock also has a dive shop on site and diving every day. IE will arrange dives for you with them or the Manta resort which is right around the cay. I wasn't diving when we did the IE trip. The diving with Slickrock was amazing. (Has spoiled me, I think, still haven't had any dives as good.) Although the diving is great, the snorkeling is also fabulous and unequalled in my experience. Slickrock was more expensive. Slickrock also has a little surf break by their beach and surf kayaks (sit on tops at least. Also at the time IE was charging for beer(this looks to have changed)/slickrock included a few a day. IE offered sail equipped double kayaks--fun and good for a fast downwind return after snorkeling out on the atoll.
I know IE updated their facility after one of the hurricanes that went through there since we went.
Both outfits are excellent. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.