Bent Shaft Comparisons

AT or Werner
I have an AT at 226 cm and a Werner Kalliste at 220 cm and use a low stroke with each. The AT bends are at the same separation for any length; just the ends are shortened or lengthened so a 215 in the AT will have the bends too close for most. The AT blade is a bit smaller than the Kalliste so these different lengths give about the same paddle.

Both are absolutely terrific paddles and I often cannot decide which to use on a particular day.

I find the Lendal bent shaft Kinetic Touring to be much inferior to either the AT or Kalliste. The Kinetic Touring is heavier and its blade is nowhere near as solid in the water. Both the AT and Kalliste grip the water with absolutely no flutter or instability.

spacing
the spacing was originally set for 225cm. it can’t change. the 215 does seem narrow but I have totally got used to it and tend to move my hands around alot, like I do with a GP.

steve

I also move my hands a lot on the AT
shaft while paddling.

Thank you all.
Lot’s of great feedback. Thanks to you all.

I just ordered an AT Paddle.

great choice
Paddle it unfeathered, and you can use the full range of the paddle much like with a GP and not worry about L to R asymmetry. If I didn’t paddle a GP, that’d be my choice.