Best fiberglass paddle for the money?

Nice
Here is the paddle I got, the Carlisle Magic Plus. Can you tell me if this is high angle or low angle?

http://www.backcountry.com/carlisle-magic-plus-fiberglass-shaft-paddle

Right size
You got the right size.

Keep in mind though that while there are “recommendations”, there are no hard and fast rules.

My Turn
The blades look like they would be for high angle; but use them as you like, high or low.

Damn
Are you 100% sure? If so can you point me to a low angle paddle in that price range? Preferably black.

$$$
You’d save yourself a lot of time and money if you asked questions first and then listened to the advice given before purchasing. You seem to make a lot of impulse buys, ask about them later, and then realize you wanted something else instead.

The OP’s threads
remind me of that dude from B&B who set up a phony account last year and started asking fatuous questions in this section.

It looks like

– Last Updated: Oct-29-16 9:22 PM EST –

The blades are long and narrow....isn't that more low angle?

Yes I do make impulse purchses sometimes but I assumed most paddles in the lower price range would be for rec boats.

You know what they say…
… about when you assume things!

Your paddle will be fine, but those are not long and narrow blades compared to real low-angle paddles. If you care to learn about different paddle shapes for different styles and activities, play around with this feature on Werner’s page: http://www.wernerpaddles.com/fit-guide/

Of more concern.
You can use your new paddle at any angle you want, but I would be more concerned about what the manufacturer had to say about how the paddle shaft flexes. This will probably start some controversy, but one thing I don’t want in a paddle is one that flexes. There will be times when you really want to grab a lot of water with a lot of power and what you don’t want at those times is a wet noodle for a shaft. However, flex might be a good thing for some paddlers–especially those who are new to paddling, or susceptible to arm and shoulder problems.

For me a paddle with a flexy shaft is a surefire eliminator for further interest in the paddle.

As I advised you 3 days ago…

– Last Updated: Oct-29-16 11:36 PM EST –

An Aquabound Stingray...

http://www.backcountry.com/aqua-bound-stingray-fiberglass-paddle-2-piece?skid=AQB0020-YL-S210CM&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6YXF1YWJvdW5kOjE6NTphcXVhYm91bmQ=

On sale for $82.

Or, for just a little more money ($118 on sale), a Werner Skagit, which has a much better, fully adjustable for feathering, ferrule...

https://kayakproshop.com/products/werner-skagit-fg-im-two-piece-kayak-paddle?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=1128757419&gclid=CPb-rprLgdACFcwehgod91ADGw

Sorry about the yellow blades but 1) highly visible paddle blades are really a good safety feature, and 2) manufacturers typically reserve all black for their carbon fibre models which are a very big step up from your budget.

So my arms won’t get tired?
They said that using a high angle paddle will wear you out. Could you possibly link me to a low angle paddle?

Yes to Flex
If there is no flex ,you are more prone to injury.

For example Epic made shafts with various degrees of flex depending on a paddler preference, but note more flex equals less efficiency.

I did. Take the time to click on the link I posted above.

No, Matt from Ohio
I am NOT going to answer questions from you via personal emails so don’t expect responses from the two you sent me.

You seem to not be picking up on the fact that those of us who’ve tried to help you with good advice feel that you are wasting our time. You ignore or challenge our suggestions and ask what are becoming ridiculously picky questions. Or maybe you just get off on provoking people (definition of a troll). Whichever it is, I think most of the people who tried to help you will agree that we’ve expended far too much energy already on exchanges with you, all of it unheeded.

You are clearly one of those people who has to figure things out on your own. I said it before and I will say it again: take what you’ve already bought, quit fretting and go paddling.

Can you get rubber grips?
I saw the yak grips on Austin Kayak’s but those look like they’re made of foam.

Forget about grips.
As Willowleaf says, you just don’t need them on anything but aluminum paddle shafts.

Ask the manufacturer
Anyway, the angle of the paddle only matters if it made for a different stroke than you have. Since you are new and don’t have a decent forward stroke, you will do what the paddle wants.

That is why Fadered sent you the video link by the way, a point which you completely missed.

Not so
A bad paddle stroke will wear you out, regardless of low or high, as well as unnecessarily heavy paddles. Given your inability to track anything here you obviously have the first. It would be impossible for you to have learned a good stroke because you would have to actually paddle rather than ask the same questions and refuse to listen to advice.

Where you got that drivel above is anyone’s guess, but I bet it was from someone where you only listened to half of what they said.

The paddles you got are midrange in weight, which means the weight will wear you out faster than much lighter paddles and less fast than really heavy paddles. This part is not rocket science.

I know
They just feel more comfortable

I have seen and heard
That logic from multiple people. That’s fine if it isn’t true, that’s why I asked here.