Best fishing kayak for small lakes

I’m currently in a used viper 10.4 that I’m pushing the weight limit in. I’m 6’2 288lbs and would like to get a kayak I with enough room for me to move around in and get to stuff and that I can stand in. I’ve been watching reviews and have a few in mind but I’m up for any suggestions.

You can’t go wrong with a Hobie but you didn’t mention price.

Preferably $1000 maybe a little more

There are many models for that price. Got a local outfitter?

At your height and weight , you have a very high center of gravity. That will make standing in a kayak interesting.
I’ve seen fishing kayaks with a bar you can hold on to when standings but I don’t know who makes them.

Look up a Bonafide SS 127. Just got an ad for it.

I got a Bass Pro Ascend 12t. It works and seat is fairly comfortable, stable, right price ($749) for me. I have no problem with my adult children using it. Now Jackson’s and Bonafide are great but much more $$$. This one is to be handy to use for fishing and take camping. For just going fishing I have a jon boat more comfortable and power.

Peddle power is great but more $$$$$…

I just bought a 14’ Perception for paddling.

http://jaxkayakfishing.com
Ask these guys.

People were fishing from kayaks long before “fishing” kayaks appeared.

Look at Old Town’s new Topwater series. The 120 has the dimensions for a 250-280 pound paddler to stand and cast. Priced under $1000.

@GuitarGod229p said:
Preferably $1000 maybe a little more

If you are strictly inland fishing, I would go with a lightweight solo canoe. After almost 20 years of kayaking, I just got a solo canoe for fishing local ponds, lakes and rivers. Man, it is just pleasure to not heft a heavy boat around for easy venues. On a whim, I went out this past weekend, right after torrential rains (and a tornado in western MA) for several hours of fishing on a nearby pond/lake. No one else there. I lost track of how many fish I caught. Part of the attraction is the ease of the portage - one hand carrying the canoe, with two fishing rods, net and paddle inside and the other hand a milkcrate with my two lure boxes, misc pliers and clippers and a full water bottle. No problem carry it a hundred yards from the parking lot gate to the water (and back afterwards).

I still use my SOT kayaks for ocean fishing. But, I have to have sufficient time and a hankering for fish big enough to give a "“Nantucket sleigh ride” to deal not only with the greater weight (use a kayak cart) and more safety equipment and the planning around tides and wind.

sing