I am in the early stages of planning a trip to British Columbia in 2008. Having not paddled any B.C. lakes I am looking for the best for a ten day solo paddle. My Navarro Canoe does have a spray cover and tie downs for gear so I can withstand some chop on the water. Based on the following factors which BC Lake would you rate #1 and why?
l. Road access reasonable for 4 wheel drive
2. Prevailing winds are reasonable most of the
time in the summer months.
3. Dangers such as lack of pull outs due to
cliffs or uncut partially submerged trees
are not major obstacles.
4. Variety of terrain is present. Not all
5. Solitude and lack of power boat traffic
6. Quality campsites.
7. Water temperature and Clarity
I have picked the following sixteen lakes as possibilities:
- Babine Lake 9. Morice Lake
- Chilco Lake 10. Ootsa Lake
- Eutsuk Lake 11. Quesnel Lake
- Harrison Lake 12. Stuart Lake
- Kinbasket Lake 13. Takla Lake
- Koocanusa Lake 14. Teslin Lake
- Kootenay Lake 15. Upper Arrow Lake
- Lake Atlin 16. Williston Lake