Best Way To Remove Stains?

I picked up a used kayak and would like to try and remove some of the dark stains from the deck. The color is mango/sunrise and I have tried 409 cleaner and Windex without success. Suggestions? I was thinking about trying a mild solution of bleach.

1st step is to determine cause of stain
If its mold or mildew, then yes, a bleach solution would help to kill off the organisms causing the stain. Try it in an inconspicuous area first. And always avoid mixing bleach with anything containing ammonia.

If its a stain caused by prolonged soil contact, I’d try either oxyclean or simple green.

Well…
Depends on what the stains are. However, I have a pressure washer and that takes an awful lot of stuff. Take it to a car wash (you-wash-it/coin-op type) if you don’t have a pressure washer available.

Mineral Spirits…
may help. I found it to be useful for many stubborn stains and build up of foreign materials on cars and boats. I’ve heard WD-40 is usefull as well.

Work it gently, rinse off quickly.

Best of luck.

T

Two good choices
Bleach or Spray Nine.

http://www.spraynine.com/marine/products/marine_spray_nine.htm

Thanks for the good suggestions,
I’m going to be trying one tonight and will post results. Maybe I can get this Necky poly kayak looking new again.

Thumbs up on the WD40…
this stuff removed the stubborn stains. After a good cleaning and two coats of 303, this kayak is a beauty. Thanks for the help.