Bic sit-on-tops.....

I really liked my Scapa and then sold it
I’m borrowing it back soon with a mine to buying another one.

What I liked:

Comfort - Once I got 1/2 inch pads glued in place to raise my feet for the ridges did not dig into my Achilles tendon the boat was very comfortable without a back rest or a seat pad. Thank to Tom from Topkayaker.net for the advice on fixing the foot rest!

Speed - It’s pretty fast and I did my first over 15 mile day in this boat. This is before I really got my body rotation improved. At the time I did this I thought 10 miles was a long paddling day.

Tracking is acceptable for a boat that turns so well. For chop coming from the bow quarter I might prefer my 18 foot boat, but for paddling in the flat water the Scapa is about as fast as any sit on top of a long distance.

Turning - This boat turns very well for a boat that is between 14 and 15 feet. I really liked how I could catch eddies in rivers with it.

Stability - primary stability was so good I could easily stand up in clam water. In surf the flat bottom gave a lot of stability until you needed to really edge the boat. Flat bottom boats are actually less stable in bigger waves and I felt this boat handled a lot like a slightly narrower Tarpon.

What I didn’t like: I didn’t like how the boat worked in surf and really rough water, but at the time I didn’t own thigh straps. Since then my bracing skills have improved as well.