Big Sable River - Michigan

Will be camping at Ludington and the map looks like you could paddle down the Big Sable from Hwy 31 into Hamlin Lake and over to the state park.

Also, will be very close to the Pere Marquette and would like to paddleit too, maybe Baldwin to Scottville?

This will be a return trip this summer. We really enjoyed our brief visit to MI last summer and are taking our bikes and canoe back this summer.

If you have paddle these areas, please let me know about them.

Thanks

Have paddled parts of this
I have not paddled from 31 to Hamlin Lake. Have paddled east of US 31 from Freesoil. Sometimes there are log jams across the river and sometimes it is open. From 31 to Upper Hamlin I would expect at times it would be the same with some log jams. You can also put in at Victory Park in Upper Hamlin Lake and paddle to the state park. Victory Park has a small access and a porta potty. I do not know if it is well marked on maps but N. Victory Park Rd takes you there. You can leave or park a car here also. A few of the locals use this for launching small boats and duck hunting.

I have paddled the PM from Baldwin to Scottville also and is a nice trip. There is a livery in Baldwin. I am not sure but I believe at times you need a permit for the PM. You can also paddle from Scottville to US 31.

Jim