Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

This is what happens when a kayak guy decides he needs a fishing boat…in December. :smile: At least I can use a 2-bladed paddle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m really looking forward to it; went this route over a typical fishing kayak due to the weight. Going to be a pretty big change from my other boats. Pardon the less-than-ideal hauling technique…the boat was calling and I had go. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

When a deal happens, you have to take action! Well done on taking action and hauling your new vessel home.

As you alude to, that is not a recommended long term hauling technique.

No problem with a bed extender.

3 Likes

That’s probably the way I’ll go. Quick and easy is the name of the game on this one. I have roof racks for the truck, and the kayak trailer I built several years back, but I want my fishing rig to be quick.

Gratuitous pic to keep the thread on track:

5 Likes

they did ruin it. Should have started with a base 2002. The tii was a sweet car. Never drove one, just admired them.

Hornbeck canoe ( 15 lbs) at Katie’s Landing State Park, Florida.

5 Likes

Rock Springs Run?

No, this is the Wekiva River. But that canoe has been on Rock Springs Run many times.

Clear Fork Trinity River this afternoon

2 Likes

Matching Bell Yellowstone Solos (and a kayak) on the shuttle yesterday

Matching Bell Yellowstone Solos (and Paul's kayak)

4 Likes

This is my Swift Adirondack 12LT. It weighs in at a whopping 24 pounds I can lift it into my Jeep very easily now. It’s a Carbon Fusion model. I absolutely love this kayak.

9 Likes

I use a set of Thule 878 saddles to hold my boats on. Regretfully Thule no longer makes them; but Amazon has some similar, like the AA Jetty, Rhino-rack, and Best Marine models.

The reason I use the two racks on the bed of the truck is because truck manufacturers use rubber bushings to give more ride comfort in the cab, but don’t use them on the beds. That causes flex in the boat that I don’t like.

Craig,

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the recommendation & feedback.

Save paddling,

Karl

NBD

5 Likes

Here’s one on the racks I’m just finishing up for my truck.

6 Likes

MikeW, I also have Sweet Roll saddles on my Yakima racks. I made a slight modification by adding some textured padding for better grip(?). I can’t believe that the Sweet Rolls I bought for $100 about 5 years ago, now sell for $350 on Yakima’s website.

1 Like

I also have Sweet Roll saddles on my Yakima racks. I made a slight modification by adding some textured padding for better grip(?). I can’t believe that the Sweet Rolls I bought for $100 about 5 years ago, now sell for $350 on Yakima’s website.

My new ride.

3 Likes

Boat I am taking on my 10 day trip in Utah down the Green river to the Colorado. Boat is not mine, borrowed from Fatelmo.

3 Likes

5 Likes