Boats on cars - let’s see ‘em!

Since there are always lots of questions on roof racks and car topping various types of watercraft, thought it might be handy to start a thread with pictures. Plus I got a good shot of my car and kayak today!

Tiderace Xceed S (17’9”) on a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Yakima/Whispbar 53” aero bars with Marco Saddles. NRS straps and a Thule ratchet bow line.

3 Likes

My unwrapped S14S on the way home.
Yakima bars and saddles.

2 Likes

Hullavators

4 Likes

Terrible Pic, but here is my 2014 Flex and 1975 Old Town Carleton. Yakima round bars on OEM rails

4 Likes

why a 14’ kayak on a rack meant for a 20’ surf ski?
'cause it works (for all my yaks)

5 Likes

car top along battery

Thule Aero bars and saddles beneath wife’s P&H Capella and my Valley Q.

2 Likes

No tie downs in these pictures, this was from the day we installed the first Hullavator.

3 Likes

Priorities:
The kayak costs more than the car

7 Likes

And the old way, before we got the Subaru and the Hullavators and the heavier boats…

4 Likes

19 foot Betsie Bay on top of my Fit. Hadn’t tied her down yet

2 Likes

23’ C4 on its way to the Yukon

28’ voyageur above Dawson City, YT

34’ carbon voyageur in Fairbanks after paddling the Y1K

another 34’ voyageur ready for an Adirondack race

6 Likes

Arctic Tern off to its maiden paddle:

And with friends:

And with Emma’s Storm LT for its maiden paddle:

3 Likes

The “Pungo Brothers”, ready to hit the local pond…I still have my 83 year old paddling buddy but I downsized my Pungo 140 to a 120…seller’s remorse, bad move.

2 Likes

2010…Over the last 18 years,I had an orange, a yellow (lighter weight version) and mango colored Pungo. As I aged, the 140 length became a bit heavy to car top on an SUV.

2 Likes

14’ Perception-built LL Bean-labeled Mantee II tandem
10’ Pelican
on universal ladder/etc rack on Chev Colorado

Front tie-downs not yet installed.

1 Like

Tob, you sound like me. Over a bunch of years I’ve had 4 WS Tarpons. 3 old style, wet butt, and the current one. It is too heavy for me but my 20 yo grandson uses it for fishing.

1 Like

Belt and suspenders set-up including load stops, front and rear lines, straps including double straps on front, and flexible tubing on gunwales to add some stiction and help the boat stay in place.

An 18 foot Arctic Hawk, turned on its side using an Inno stacker.

2 Likes

boatrackc

Aquaterra Sea Lion and Venture Easky LV on a 2020 F250 short bed. Rack by a 1972 Craftsman/Onan welder generator with Ebay J hooks.

2 Likes

Well, yaks on car,…

1 Like