Bob "The Bob" Gitchell Obituary

Tom,
It was such a pleasure meeting you and Wendy. Enjoy the boat and paddle, I’m sure Bob is up in heaven smiling that both went to someone who loved Blackhawks like he did. Rob and I are looking forward to checking out the Cache River, thank you for the recommendation! Thank you again for all your help and advise on pricing the boats we are trying to sell for JoAnne.

2 Likes

Do you know if she still has the Proem Bob had? Might be interested in it.

Winston

1 Like

There is still an ad for Bob’s boats in the classified ads so they must not all be gone yet.

1 Like

Beautiful boat, with added sentimental value.

sing

2 Likes

I read all posts, regardless of the topic - if someone takes the time to share something, we owe them the respect to read it. When old posts resurface, I review the post from the start, because that enables a different perspective as my general knowledge base expands. This is one such post.

“The Bob” is obviously one of the paddlers who internalized the art. I worked with an accomplished hypnotist. He understood progressive relaxation and visualization to aid recovery for athletes who were immobilized for extended periods. According to him, focused visualization stimulates the nerves and fine muscle control.

My point is directed to members who are new to the paddle sport. The thread clicked with me this time. It reminding me that the off season is an opportunity to tune up rather than a period of neglect. If you’re new to paddling, don’t be afraid to share or ask question. The best way to learn and grow is to find other members with the same focus. Think about the process and visualize the experience. Looking over my first trip of the season, this thread helped me understand that I’m less focused on paddling faster as much as I’m trying to improve my paddling technique and control of the boat. The goal is efficiency to get more out of the time on the water. Never accept that you’ve reached your limit.

1 Like

Pam…sent an email about 2 of Bob’s boats. Didnt know if you were involved in helping sell them? If so, my email stated, am interested in both thr Blackhawk 11’8" Shadow, and the Proem. Is it possible to get picks of the insode of them? If not, still very interested in both.

Thanks so much,

Winston Weaver

Yes the Proem, Covenant, Cream Blackhawk Shadow and Lotus Dandy are all still available. I just updated the add of Paddling.com. If you want pics send me your email address.

Thanks,
Pam

Correct. This is what is left - Proem, Covenant, Cream Blackhawk Shadow and Lotus Dandy. I just updated the ad, I really haven’t received much interest from Paddling.com so I didn’t update as quickly.

You’ll have to message me your email and I can send pics.
Thanks!

Pam…thanks so much for getting back to me. Yes, would just like to see inside the Proem, and the cream 11’8" shadow. Would be very interested in those 2 for sure. I had talked to Bob about those, and we aere discussing me buying them. I love Blackhawks about as much as he did. My email is wrw1959@gmail.com. just wanted to see the insides of both, just a picture of each is fine.

Thanks so much,

Winston

For the Blackhawk aficionados out there, I see a Proem for sale on CL in northern WI. Seller says it’s like new and is asking $1,000. I have not seen it.

I’m way out of touch but man, this thread reminds me of and makes me miss pnet of 10 years ago.

Bob and the others are missed and are difficult to replace

5 Likes