Bow shots

I thought that but when exploring Dinosaur Caves off California, I wanted a pic of my Sgt exiting one cave so looked around to ensure a clam ocean, turned my rented Scrambler to get a shot from the side and a freak wave rolled me and into the water I went!

Okenofenokee (sp) Swamp

Boutilier Cove, St. Margaret’s Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

@Sparky961 said:
[rant]
I’m good with a couple of “bow” or “paddle” shots in an album… just to prove that you were, indeed, kayaking. But does it not drive you nuts when every picture has a bow or a paddle in it? It’s not hard to position your boat, turn, and pull your paddle out of the way to get a beautiful shot of the unobstructed scenery .
[/rant]

I agree, but sometimes a bow shot makes the photo as some of the above demonstrate.

Ok one from me in my Valley Avocet RM Lake Erie near 18 Mile Creek. Action Cam grab.

Newport Beach Christmas Boar Parade on Dec. 17, 2016.

@castoff said:

@Sparky961 said:
[rant]
I’m good with a couple of “bow” or “paddle” shots in an album… just to prove that you were, indeed, kayaking. But does it not drive you nuts when every picture has a bow or a paddle in it? It’s not hard to position your boat, turn, and pull your paddle out of the way to get a beautiful shot of the unobstructed scenery .
[/rant]

I agree, but sometimes a bow shot makes the photo as some of the above demonstrate.

What are those padding things at the ends of the paddle?
thanks

here is my contribution…
Loving the thermoformed Delta 17
Grand bend river run

heres one from my previous boat, a necky manitou 14. This pic just screams summer! miss you summer.! sadly, the water that weekend in grand bend was very high of e coli so no one was allowed in from the beach.

@spikeithard said:

@castoff said:

@Sparky961 said:
[rant]
[/rant]

What are those padding things at the ends of the paddle?
thanks

here is my contribution…
Loving the thermoformed Delta 17
Grand bend river run

They are paint rollers used to protect the deck and the paddle ends. DIY paddle pants for cheap guys like me. I plug the other end with a piece of closed cell foam to help keep the paddle ends from collecting sand etc.

I should add it makes it easier to swap paddles as you just slid the paddle ends into the roller after putting the blade under the deck bungee. Some folks zip tie them to their perimeter lines

Canyon Lake, AZ

–sigh-- If you can’t beat em, join em…

(Collingwood, Ontario, Canada - Dec 23, 2016)

Late to the game, as usual. Shark Inlet, Morro Bay, CA. About 30 minutes after sunrise, 12/28/2016

canoe paddling bow position in a C6 in the Yukon 1000 mile race with cherries, sausage, spple snacks, and a SPOT tracker. dual GPS units to maintain planned route.

Gravel pit near Brookings, SD

Koma BWCAW Oct 2016