Trying to purchase a sea kayak for long distance paddling in Maine coastal waters. Not sure which of these to get. Here are some details:
- in very good condition
- steerable rudder
- cockpit is pretty long and wide, not sure if this is a pro or con
- 14 feet, will this be long enough to handle the waves? will it be fast enough?
- cannot find a lot of information online about this specific model
- a little rougher condition, more scrapes, but nothing serious.
- has a skeg, but needs a little work. Has a little trouble going down.
- cockpit is smaller, fairly snug on my frame
- 17 feet, so definitely bigger than the Sylva
- seems a lot of people like this boat online
- more expensive (not really a huge deal)
- comes with a spray skirt, albeit in rough but manageable condition
Which boat should I purchase? I don’t really have a gut feeling on either.