Buying decision....help, insights.

I am about to purchase a sit-on-top kayak…my first. After being up way too late reading the message board I learned sooo much. Thanks to all of you.

In a nut shell I am down to the following…

Mainstream (now Perception) KINGFISH

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

I know there is a big difference in these two but being a novice and probably limiting my use to flat water, small lake fishing/paddling…maybe scuba, I suspect the Kingfish is really all I need. Great price…just under $300 clearance.

But the OK Prowler 13 Angler is also a great price at $550 Clearance. Ideally if anyone has owned or experience with both of these I would welcome your input. I do not have the convenient opportunity to test paddle. Welcome any opinions or other suggestions that I may want to consider. Thanks in advaced for any insights you care to share.

Dave

dvanhoof@new.rr.com

which boat…
if you can stretch your budget up to $550, i think the angler is probably a good bet. I cant be certain, but i would bet this boat probably retails in the $700 range. i paddled one once and felt good about it.

there is some notable comments regarding the kingfisher in this thread.

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=fishing&tid=371351

new yak
if your going to be putting some miles on it check out the rtm tempo its a fast boat for a sot stable , tracks well. rod holders and a tank well