Can you help identify this P&H Capella model from the picture ?

Link to the picture:
http://imgur.com/80uYuPp

I know it’s a fiberglass and “around” 17’…but it could be the 16.7, 16.9, 17.3 !

Send the picture to P&H.

I am no expert, but absent the day hatch and with deck recessed spare paddle, I guess the “original” Capella before their marketing dept came up with the foot.inch model iterations.

Agree, no day hatch means it is the first one before they split the line.

@Andy said:
I am no expert, but absent the day hatch and with deck recessed spare paddle, I guess the “original” Capella before their marketing dept came up with the foot.inch model iterations.

So (approximately) how old would be that boat ? Saw it in a local Ad and they ask 1400$ (us) for it

I did have the “newer” style Capella with day hatch and larger round front hatch as compared to one in picture. It was purchased in July 2002. At that time, to my recollection, just one model existed as the Capella 169. It came in through a Canadian importer without a HIN number the last two digits of which is year of manufacture.

Your boat in question if it has an HIN could be aged that way. If none present, I would guess it is pre 2000 year. I have some P&H brochures that cite Capella was designed in 1996. As to price $1400 is reasonable in most markets for a more modern (5 or so years old) but to me a little steep for a boat nearing or greater than 20 years in very good condition. Composite boats can last a very long time with care and are easy to repair when stuff happens. I have a 1993 Valley Canoe Products Pintail for sale that still has amazing shine to all of its gel coat.

Any boat is good value only when it fits you for size and intended use.

@Andy said:
I did have the “newer” style Capella with day hatch and larger round front hatch as compared to one in picture. It was purchased in July 2002. At that time, to my recollection, just one model existed as the Capella 169. It came in through a Canadian importer without a HIN number the last two digits of which is year of manufacture.

Your boat in question if it has an HIN could be aged that way. If none present, I would guess it is pre 2000 year. I have some P&H brochures that cite Capella was designed in 1996. As to price $1400 is reasonable in most markets for a more modern (5 or so years old) but to me a little steep for a boat nearing or greater than 20 years in very good condition. Composite boats can last a very long time with care and are easy to repair when stuff happens. I have a 1993 Valley Canoe Products Pintail for sale that still has amazing shine to all of its gel coat.

Any boat is good value only when it fits you for size and intended use.

thanks for your input