Canoe rod storage?

I’m looking for a way to store my two fly rods in my canoe. We usually paddle for ten minutes, get out of the canoe and fish and then do it all over. Our float is about eight hours with about twenty stops.

It’s too much of a problem to break the rods down every time and you can’t leave them pointed up or out of the canoe because of all the tree and branches will catch and break you rods.

Any ideas?

Small (thin) bungees and bound to the
thwarts are one way. If its an open river, I’ve seen bars that go across the canoe to which you can install a rod holder. Scotty makes a good fly rod holder that will adjust to a horizontal position. Some like the Tite Loks for fly rods.

maybe this can help
I used a piece of webbing doubled over to form a loop and attached it to underside of vinyl rails with a tap screw. It’s lightweight and protects rod. I also drilled holes in thwarts and seat to attach bungie cord. Here’s a pic of the Wenonah Vagabond you can get an idea. Don’t know if it will work for your flyrods, works for spin/cast rods.

http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/W1jcM5zpzjIE/_sr/f350.jpg?tkn=phAixAGBLiQXDXun&saveas=canoe+2

Quick fix
Use zip cable ties to secure PVC pipe couplings under the seats. Simply put the rod tip in one end and the butt in the other.

rod help
Look into those lure tamer cases. Quick snap on and off and can lay rods in any position.

canoe rod storage
I use velcro on throats so fast get to it. Be sure to have rods inside boat in case of (turnover) the rods are safe. I do not like others in boat eather over the issue of turnover and loss of equipment $$$$$$ loss I would need a good lawyer over what the other persons actions. Even with my dogs aboard and there movement was ok but the hook issue??? My lab leaped into water to follow topwater bait once so I changed his name to “shark-bait”. I have a yorkie now 10lbs. of “jerk-bait” I guess. Good luck

Loops
Storage and tie-downs on most canoes are usually limited. Tie-downs are usually limited to the thwart and sometimes the seats if they’re not your aux-flotation.

To solve this I took a broken dog leash (the retracting reel type) and cut it into 8"-10" sections. I melted the ends with a lighter to keep them from unraveling and used an old soldering iron to melt a small hole in each end. I then drilled about a dozen holes along the inside gunnel, doubled the strips over into a loop and riveted them to the gunnel.

This gives me loops on both sides to tie things down or up. You could use a few of those $1 carbingers or “S” shaped hooks to the loops and hang your rods up while in transit. This way they will be off the deck and you don’t have to worry about stepping on them. They will also be handy to reach when you need them.