Canoe transport help St Louis to QC

First try was not successful but hopefully this one will be. Looking for help in canoe transport from St Louis to the Quad Cities or Des Moines. Gas $$ for your help. Thanks

Brian

In case anybody else didn’t know…
From Wikipedia:

The Quad Cities is a group of five cities straddling the Mississippi River on the Iowa-Illinois boundary. These cities, Davenport and Bettendorf (in Iowa) and Rock Island, Moline, and East Moline (in Illinois), are the center of the Quad Cities Metropolitan Area, which, as of 2010, had a estimated population of 379,690

My question: Doesn’t “quad” mean four? And they name four cities. But the article says it’s a group of FIVE cities. I don’t get it.

Anyway, wish I could help, but I’m not headed that way. I hope someone else can help you.

Which canoe?
Maybe I’ll pick I’ll pick it up and have a side trip to Urbana, IL for a couple weeks.

Just kidding. I won’t be making any trips to St. Louis anytime soon.

Secret
Right now there is no interest in the boat and I would like to keep it that way :-). With all the forums I have posted the message its like crickets out there. Maybe I need to call KAS transport but that most likely will be pricey with the cost of gas. I’ll wait a few more days and see if anything turns up.

Brian

Look more local
Try posting on a local paddling board. There is a PaddlingIowa board and probably an equivalent one for Illinois. Try the clubs too. Saukenuk Paddlers in in the Quad City area. There are a few different clubs in the St Louis area too.

Pam

That helped
I am loosing track of how many places I placed my cries for help. Some may say just drive but I already commute 11-12hrs a week and the last thing I want to do is drive some more. Would rather help with gas $$ then drive but may have to. Just have to remind myself to be patient. Bye

Brian