canoe trip from kinzu to pittsburgh

We plan on going this June, does anyone have any tips or suggestions? We would like to know how long it will take, where we can find a map for this trip, and what the levels are and where.

Kinzua to Pittsburgh
Here’s a link to get you started:

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/watertrails/trailindex.htm

If you have access to a large printer or plotter (know any engineers?) they print out with a fair amount of detail.

Time? It’s approx 200 river miles. Depends on how fast you paddle, hours you spend paddling and water level over the upper portion. Some spots from the dam to Oil City can get pretty scratchy during low water (to be read as get out and walk your boat).

I’ve only paddled as far as Parkers Landing, just down stream of where the Clarion dumps in and not too far so. of I-80. When you get closer to Pittsburgh, the river gets pretty big, power boats, commercial traffic and locks.

We have a small (6 or 8)group that will be putting @ Oil City June 6 and going to Emlenton (just no. of I-80). 2 of us may start @ Buckaloons that Weds and meet the rest in OC Fri a.m. Luv the Allegheny.

Hope this helps. If you need more info or have questions, email me and I try to help.