Castine vs Calabria observations:

You were moving briskly Buddy
No optical illusion there Yanoer.

Even 3 weeks later…
…I am still waking up in cold sweats at 1Am thinking about that lotus leafed paddle of yanoer. Damned, like a bad song that keeps playing through your mind. (knocks on head with knuckles) “Get outta there, bad song”.

You crack me up cooldoctor1!
By the way, how do you like your new paddle? I saw in another thread that you have received it and taken it for a test spin.

Although this is a pic of me,
this is what caused caused Cooldoctor’s cold sweat. Yanoer paddled through this area at about 25 or 30 knots per hour (hard to tell without a GPS). We temporarily lost him.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/492590610/492619150dpXURz

yanoer and bruce

– Last Updated: Nov-15-05 6:40 AM EST –

This is like a 3 (4 if you count sing) man thread. Yes, briefly, yanoer was at 25-30 knots (translation: 120 mph). We yelled for you, not knowing you went up on dry land, remember bruce? We thought you were eaten alive by the satanic force in the pea soup.

NIce pics bruce, including Apostle Island. You wife looks really athletic and fun; great to have a paddling wife. She even went first on the tandem into those bat guano laden Apostle caves. wowser. More adventures coming for us all this springtime, summer.

I like my Camano 220 cm very much; you were right yanoer, better for me at 220 than 230. I wish it was a high angle paddle though, this blade shape, dihedral, flutters with a Brent Reitz type stroke; it is really for low angle paddling where blade enters on edge rather than spearing a fish. But I like it very much. I know all about paddle blades as I learned a lot recently. I feel like an intermediate kayaker now as I have been studying kayaking every waking minute that I am not eating junk food or typing trash on p-net.

Sorry it was hard to find a kayak shop in IN for your weekend trip.

4:17 AM Central Time

– Last Updated: Nov-20-05 5:20 AM EST –

And I got the heebie jeebies reliving by dream of the Lotus patch. Just wanted you to know I'm still suffering out here, b and y.

Guess I will pee and drink some Coke and order things I don't need off amazon.com now.

A week later… still nightmares.

Yes, even last night, lotus dreams.

See time of this post
Still shear sweats at odd hours thanks to you guys.

December, lotus dead and gone.
Yet my dreams haunt my head like havarti in a cheese cellar.

A dank, dark cheese cellar, like…
…the hidden crevasses of my mind.

Okay, maybe, finally and once …
…and for all, I have rid this image from my…nope, wait. Nope, not yet.

Okay, maybe now. Maybe. We will see.

Nope.