CCS Tundra Tarp

Painter’s poles…
Have used painter’s poles before for tarps and they work great. If I remember correctly they fit through the oval hatches so you can store them inside the boat. Good adjustabilty and cheap as well.

Dont store in a heated area

– Last Updated: Dec-04-11 6:59 PM EST –

Its not necessary. My CCS has been hung over barn rafters at minus 40 for six years.

Storing in a heated area can induce layers to stick together. I had a coated drytop fuse to itself that way.

Sometimes I don't need the full length and merely double back ends.

It's easier to make a big tarp smaller than a little tarp bigger.

Depending on where you go you may not need stakes. Last trip on Lake Superior I managed to forget the stake bag. I made stakes out of the plethora of rocks.

Dont store in a heated area???
my experience is different. I find if I store in heated area, bone dry, very loosely stuffed in large cotton sleeping bag storage sack I get 100% perfect results. If I store in unheated area moisture gets to it and then the problems start. I have had the same problems as you with other items stored loosely stuffed in unheated garage. Is yours hanging open? Or is it in a sack?

Its actually in a sack
the winter air is very dry and mildew not a problem.

Between Dec and March temps rarely get above freezing.

Hmmm.
We have very similar environments. Go figure.

Sounds like you got mildew?
perhaps a condensation problem? Maybe I am lucky? All my camping gear save fuel and my water filters and sleeping bags have to be in the barn. Out of house room!

I dont think so
The air in my heated house is WAY dryer in the winter or anytime really than the air out in the garage.

You have the heavier CCS
Wildernessweb,

What is the size of your tarp in the picture.