CD Freedom

Does anyone own or have tried a Current Design Freedom? I know it got a favorable report in Canoe and Kayak magazine compared to some other fitness boats. Thanks.

bump
Also interested in this

CD freedom won the Blackburn…
in the “fast sea kayak” class with a time under 3 hours (19.5 miles). Second fastest time ever for a sea kayak; Greg Barton has the fastest time ever in an Epic 18X. Of course the paddler has a lot to do with it, but it still says a lot for the Freedom.

Hard to compare
Year to year the results of the Blackburn due to weather conditions and the tides… A Rapier 18 won a few years back with a 3:02 time, the Freedom won this year with 2:59 with an Epic 18x only a minute slower and a V8 about 5 minutes behind the Freedom, last year it was an Epic 18x again at 3:03 …

As you say, it’s up to the paddler. Results the average paddler will get in any of in these boats I think will be just about the same. So I’d say the decision should be made on availability, price, fit, etc.

condintions
The Blackburn was very flat this year.

IMO - the Epic 18x is the fastest sea kayak.

FYI - the Freedom has no bulkheads and requires float bags, which were used by Dave (the winner) in the Blackburn.