CD Solstice GTS bungees & straps

I thought you said your boat was fiberglass? If that’s it in the picture above, then you have the upgraded Kevlar version, not fiberglass.

I have 3 Kevlar 4 regular glass CD’s

Well. not sure where their stuff comes from, but some is going NLA. I recently bought the last set of neoprene covers for a CD Squall that they had in inventory.

@PaddleDog52
Do you happen to have a Solstice in both kevlar and fb? If so, what differences do you see between the two… I love my Solstice GTS, and have always kept a watch for one in kevlar, wondering if it’s worth the upgrade…

Thanks!

I have a Expedition in glass and Extreme in kevlar. Weight few pounds, I don’t really feel it picking them up. Strength Kevlar is stronger press on it and it doesn’t flex as much. Oh yeah I have an Extreme in glass also.

If I have my choice I’d pick Kevlar. I wouldn’t worry about swapping out a glass one for Kevlar for most paddling applications.

When I put wide base seats in my kayaks I do throw in some mat in the cockpit area and on the deck behind the seat. Behind the seat two layer side to side 8" wide. No flex then it’s stiff if you want to sit there. I’m 240 or close to it. Most hulks I bought have hairline cracks in the gelcoat. You can’t even see them unless you press the deck inward.

2 Likes