CFS LOGO ~ I have this logo on my hurricane

I have this logo on my Hurricane Phoenix 160 SOT Sea Kayak. Every time I search for this logo I get Dagger kayaks. Aren’t Daggers made by RPM?

Can’t help with that logo but Dagger kayaks are currently made by Confluence Outdoors (which was just bought by another company). Confluence makes Dagger, Wilderness Systems, Perception and Mad River.

And now Pelican owns them all.

Actually, RPMs are made by Dagger, but Dagger is one of many brands owned by Confluence, and I just read that Pelican bought out Confluence in 2019. There’s a monopoly in kayak manufacturing. I wonder if the shortage of available new kayaks is market manipulation by Pelican.

Since the rotomold kayaks all come from china, I wouldn’t doubt that there is one factory making all of them regardless of brand anyway.
Rotomold and some of the more expensive kayaks. My Epic is chinese made also.

Don’t know if it has changed recently, but when I bought my Venture (division of P & H kayaks now owned by Pyranha) rotomold kayak in 2012 theirs were still being molded in the UK.

Rotomolded kayaks are definitely not all made in China. The Confluence Outdoors (Wilderness Systems/Dagger/Perception) factory is in South Carolina, and the Johnson Outdoors factory (Ocean Kayak/Old Town) is in Maine. Also the Valley and P&H plastic kayaks are made (at the same factory) in Britain.

I do know that Feel Free produces their rotomolded boats in Thailand. I am not aware of where Hobie’s production facility is - but both of these brands produce high quality boats.

There are differences between rotomolded, thermoformed (Hurricane, Delta, Eddyline) and blow/injection molded manufacturing processes - the low end blow molded kayaks (Pelican, Sun Dolphin etc) may very well be made overseas but many of the higher quality rotomolded kayaks commonly available in the US are made here.

1 Like

That was all great information but…
LETS GET BACK ON THE SUBJECT…
I just wanted to know what the “CFS” logo with a leaf through it stands for.
…Here’s why…
I buy unloved, unwanted, broken and damaged kayaks, restore them to better than before and re-sell them. When I sell them, I like to be able to answer any questions that come up. So, I come up with the simplest questions before anyone asks so that (IF) they do, I have an answer for them.

Here is a link to the beginning of my restoration of a HURRICANE PHOENIX 160
My video’s are very long… I show my thought process and sometimes go in a completely different direction as I go along.

Thanks!
Manuel Z

Sort of like trying to get a simple question answered here.

WHAT THE HECK DOES DAGGER HAVE TO DO WITH MY QUESTION?!
The logo is on a HURRICANE PHOENIX 160 SEA KAYAK made of TRYLON (Another name for ABS PLASTIC)

So HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAYING FOR THE INFO YOU’RE GETTING HERE?..

1 Like

Looks more like a feather than a leaf

http://www.creativefeathers.com/

It may be a line of boat sponsored by the company in the second link. the guy is wearing a Jax Kayak shirt. Or it could have something to do with the plastic processing method.

http://www.jaxkayakfishing.com/jax-forum/