Changing cloths after a paddle

I have a heavy black plastic windshield protector (the kind that attaches over the glass with heavy magnets imbedded in the perimeter so that ice can’t stick to it when the car is parked in the winter.) Before I took it out of the car in the spring last year it occurred to me that it could work as a privacy screen, fastened between an open door and the side of the car. I tried it and it works to screen from kneecaps to armpits. Have not had the need to use it yet but I’ve left it in the car in case I do – I might add a couple of extra magnets along the short sides. You could easily make one if you can’t find one in stores, though they are pretty common. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009HJTVI2/ref=asc_df_B009HJTVI25030084/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B009HJTVI2&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167146980943&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14698927109070959525&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005925&hvtargid=pla-313658893670.

When I go with women and we are isolated, we just change there. We’ve seen each other pee on the river enough so…
If there are people around, I have held a towel across dual open doors to give some shielding.
Generally, when people do not want to change, I lay a dry towel on the seat and drive to the nearest convenient bathroom to change. The towel protects my seat until then.

We’re all at the mercy of the serpentine wind.
Eatin’ apples in the garden the garter sheds its skin.
Prudence turns to Adam, tells 'im, “I am not your Eve!”
To all there comes the fall. You fig your each to all takes leave.

@Roy - that is cool. You can either change under it or add a scepter.

@Celia said:
@Roy - that is cool. You can either change under it or add a scepter.

this is what I use to change. The pocket is big enough for shorts etc and there is a opening to the inside. Pull my arms thru the large sleeves…change …or just undress and air dry some. It’s wind-stopper fleece. works as an emergency blanket and can be lent to friends to change if they don’t have one…no hiding between car doors. It is nice and cozy when the wind is howling too.

@Roym I know it is a changing garment. It is also the coolest looking one I have seen.

Back in my 20’s and 30’s I used to do some spelunking – upon exiting the caves we were invariably not only wet but covered in mud, and since most of us wore one piece coveralls, it was difficult to change with modest discretion. I was often the only female on these outings but I developed a technique of simply stripping and changing quickly and matter-of-factly, where I stood, and with as little fanfare as possible, sometimes while directly engaging someone in conversation. I figured out early that going to extremes to try to hide the process only delayed it and attracted a curious audience.

The fact is that few, if any, people in any circumstance, are concentrating their gaze on someone else, especially a stranger. Even if they do incidentally glimpse a flash exposure of skin or private parts, by the time such sights register the view has passed. And only an oaf would make an issue of something like that.

I do acknowledge that far too many Americans are obsessive prudes, often looking for an excuse to be self-righteously indignant. People in other parts of the world don’t get thrown into a sanctimonious tizzy by women nursing in public, small children frolicking in joyful nudity outdoors or people exposing skin at beaches to sunbathe or change clothing. Who among us has not seen naked bodies, and how can seeing another, or having our own nakedness briefly exposed, have any kind of negative impact on existence? I have never heard of anyone being busted or legally harassed for a quick clothing change in a public place.

Wear technical clothing. By the time you have the boats loaded you are dry. Zip your pant legs back on, change a shirt, if you must and you’re ready to go. Around here we sweat so much in the summer its hard to tell when you are wet or dry.

@willowleaf said:

I have never heard of anyone being busted or legally harassed for a quick clothing change in a public place.

Being busted isn’t a concern, but with so many cameras in public places, sure would hate to wind up on YouTube in my birthday suit. It wouldn’t be eye-candy. :confused:

@Rookie said:

Being busted isn’t a concern, but with so many cameras in public places, sure would hate to wind up on YouTube in my birthday suit. It wouldn’t be eye-candy. :confused:

Now dear, don’t go sellin’ yourself short at the Confusing Confectionery of Humanity’s Carnival. I’m sure it’s a candy someone would take a cotton to.

Me? Well let’s just say it’s more of an Inverted Funnel Cake that sees its highest sales during the annual School For the Blind Summer-Not-So-Fair. The guide dogs are all given the day off, so as to not confuse them with a rogue wildebeest migration. B)

@canoeswithduckheads
Sweet. <3